Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions

The eve of 2009 is already upon us. In less than 6 hours, 2008 will be over, and a fresh new year will begin, filled with hope and optimism. Looking back, I must say that this past year has definitely treated me well, and I hope that 09 will be the same. So, a new year, definitely calls for some new resolutions. I think that there is only one thing that I really want, and that's to continue to grow in all aspects of my life.

I want to grow as a student, maintain my grades, and value my education. I want to grow as a son, be there more for my dad, and to always say "I love you." I want to grow as a friend, to maintain consistent communication with my loved ones. I want to grow as a leader, and be continually challenged by being put in situations that I would consider uncomfortable. I want to grow as a dancer, to challenge myself, and always give it my all. And I want to grow personally, by becoming more vocal and confident. I want to grow.

But there's also something else that I really want. That sacred four-letter word. Yes, I want to love and to be loved.

So with that said,

Goodbye 2008, you were great.
Hello 2009, things are gonna be fine.

Happy New Year Everyone.

Much love,
JC.

No comments: