And so, my life as a college sophomore has begun. It's a very different feeling from last year. As a freshman, I was still trying to find my place on this campus, trying out new things, and most of all, just being carefree. Now, one year later, I return as an empowered student leader, seeking to create positive change on this campus. It's crazy seeing how much I have dramatically grown over the course of a year. Crazy, indeed.
As a Samahang leader, I've gone through so many challenges these past three months, and I'm proud to say that I got through them on top. Welcome Festival was a success, despite the stress. Everything that I planned for the first couple of weeks of school went beyond my expectations. I couldn't ask for anything more.
Academically, I've been able to hang! I really like my courses this quarter, and I feel that's partly the reason why I'm up-to-date with all of my readings and assignments. I'm feeling really confident.
Personally, I'm doing great. I've been looking for the perfect balance for everything, and although I sometimes get consumed by certain things, I always keep time for myself. Let's just say, I love my dad. I love my best friends at home. I love my best friends at UCLA. I love Samahang Pilipino. Thank you for retaining my sanity.
Wow, my second year of college, and I have never felt more independent or self-driven.
Signing out,
JC.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment