"I spend nights waiting for you, staring out the window by my bed. These street lights, so unkind to shine upon the emptiness instead."
And so I've come to the point in my life where although I feel that I have everything I really need in life-- beautiful friends and a supportive family-- there is still that one thing missing. I'm talking about that feeling. That unexplainable feeling you get from one other person. I'm talking about love.
Foolish heart, hear me calling. This past year, I let my guard down for the first time--brought down the gates to my heart-- but in the end, I was left hurt. I guess I am a hopeless romantic, no matter what I say.
But there's always a silver lining to everything. I learned so much from those past experiences. I've learned about what I want in another person. Somebody that acknowledges my passions and will support them. Somebody loyal and honest. Somebody that's compassionate. Somebody who will value what I have to give. Am I asking for too much?
But until that person comes along, I know that my friends and family will be there to keep me sane and happy. In the words of Ernie Halter, "Love look at me now, what is this feeling people talk about?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"Am I asking too much." Don't we all ask that question. Why can't we find that one person. "Someone who gets me and will accept and stick through me. Someone I trust. Someone who GETS me."
I don't know. Everyone is looking for the same thing, but we all can't find it. And when I think about it, there are a lot of great people out there.
Is it possible that our timing is off, or our first impressions don't match up, or we are just messing up on opportunities.
Are we asking too much? Maybe.
Should we settle. Never.
Post a Comment